If your kitchen feels like a never-ending mess, you’re not alone. It’s one of the most commonly cluttered areas in a home. But it doesn’t have to be that way!
These 7 tips below can help you clean as you go so you can maintain an organized kitchen. That way you can make the most of your space, comfortably host guests, and easily cook delicious meals for yourself and your family!
The 7 Keys to a Clean Kitchen
- Create a system – This may look different for everyone depending on their space, but deciding where items go makes a big difference in kitchen functionality.
- Declutter – Get rid of any appliances or gadgets that you don’t use regularly. If you haven’t used it in the past year, get rid of it! This will help clear up counter space and make it easier to find what you’re looking for when you need it.
- Throw out old food – We know this one may sound self-explanatory but you would be surprised at how many items go unnoticed when tucked away in the back of the fridge. Just like with any other area of your home, getting rid of old or expired items will help you keep your space organized.
- Invest in storage solutions – There are a lot of great options out there that will help you organize food, pantry items, and cookware. Take some time to find what will work best for you. This may include adding some shelves or getting some new containers for your food.
- Pro tip: If you’re looking for storage that meets your exact needs, renovating your space may be the solution you’re looking for. Holcomb Cabinetry can help you bring your renovation ideas to life all while working within your budget!
- Clean as you go – Wipe down surfaces, sweep floors, and wash dishes regularly. The more often you clean, the less likely it is that dirt and grime will build up and make your kitchen look messy.
- Use a cleaning caddy – To help yourself clean on the go, keep a cleaning caddy near your kitchen. This will allow you to have all the supplies you need in one place. That way you can easily grab and go when it’s time to do a quick cleaning.
- Pro tip: Fill your caddy with items like all-purpose cleaner, paper towels, sponges, and garbage bags. Having everything you need in one place will help you avoid making multiple trips to different parts of the house for cleaning supplies.
- Don’t let items pile up – Try and avoid using your kitchen as a dumping ground for other things in your house. It’s easy to just throw things in the kitchen when you’re done with them, but this can quickly lead to a cluttered space. Put things away as soon as you’re done using them so your kitchen can stay clean and organized.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to having a clean and organized kitchen. If you think a customized space could help you meet your needs, Holcomb Cabinetry can help! Our team can show you how to make the most of your space by designing a kitchen that’s unique for you. Contact us today to get started!